Friday, July 23, 2010

Best Friends



I'm convinced that Baby Man is obsessed with his daddy. He lights up every time daddy comes home and if I don't hand him over, the tiny goober will just sit there staring at him from my arms with this foolish grin on his face for like an hour. Once Ryan is actually holding him, he'll get super excited because he knows it's play time...then inevitably within 15 minutes or so, he'll completely fall apart. It's hard to say why. Baby Man's just very passionate, as you can see here:


I like to think that he spends all day thinking about how great it's gonna be when he hangs out with daddy, they'll get to do awesome manly stuff like wrestling and playing football, then a few minutes into hanging out, he realizes that he can't muster up the coordination to do more than haphazardly smack dad in the face or maybe head butt him if he's lucky. And it just breaks his heart. One day, baby man, one day...




Here he is learning how to look cool in front of the camera. He's still a little unsure of his skills and keeps looking at daddy for tips.

And here Ryan's teaching him how to swing. As you can see, he's got a ways to go.


2 comments:

  1. I love how in the video his head just baaaaarely peaks out above the back of the swing, it's so funny. And how he's just laid back during his swinging experience. That picture of him falling apart is a pretty good one too. It's tough when you've been looking forward to something all day long, your expectations are so high, and you're just so passionate and emotional.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, that's it exactly. I feel like you totally get him. lol I love how he barely fits in the swing too. I kept getting nervous that somehow he'd fall out one of the holes but ryan assured me I was just being paranoid.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...