Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Allow me to formally introduce Mr. PC Jenkins

I can't believe how many months it's been since I've posted anything. Seems like the exhaustion of being pregnant combined with trying to keep up with my little cub hasn't left much time for things like blogging (or cooking, cleaning, laundry, or any other such superfluous activities). I'll sleep for a good 10+ hours a night and then dream all morning of the time I'll be able to nap. it's like I'm taking my dream vacation. Good thing Ryan is possibly the most laid back person ever or I might start to feel a bit guilty for not pulling my weight around here.

I'm 20 weeks pregnant today and we just found out that Bears is gonna have a little brother. It took me a bit off guard, as I was pretty sure it was a little girl in there. I was under the impression that psychic feelings were just about 100% accurate when it came to this sort of thing but color me foolish because upon a quick google search, I discovered that in the case of gender prediction, psychic feelings are only accurate to about 50%. Looks like you win this time, statistics. I'm so excited for Bears to get to have a little buddy though. So without further ado, I'd like to introduce the very first footage of our new little cub.



Hopefully Ryan's not jealous of his suspicious resemblance to Skeletor...I'm told that the striking similarity is common at this age and not genetic. We'll see when he's born I guess. Not that I'm admitting to any sort of foul play. *cough*

I guess I should also add some videos for the grandmas since it's been so long.

These first two might need an explanation. I spent the first few months of pregnancy doing my fair share of puking so naturally, Bears came to think of the toilet's function in a new light.



take two. This one didn't go quite as smoothly...



He saw a video of Zoey pretending to be mad and kept trying out acting mad himself...he wasn't quite as convincing though. I think she might need to give him lessons.


Bears love bubble wrap




Playing on the bed with Daddy, Papa, and Diddum for a few minutes.

8 comments:

  1. Ahahaha, I can't believe he mimics morning sickness. That's so funny! And then he looks at you like "Am I doing it right?"

    Congrats on your pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you get a little bit of a pass if you're either pregnant and working or pregnant and taking care of another kid or kids all day. Gets pretty exhausting, esp during that first trimester. And then in the last couple months it's exhausting because basic tasks like crouching to pick up toys scattered everywhere and then standing again get comically difficult. We are both lucky we married such laid back dudes that they probably wouldn't care if we were lazy all the time though. P.s. I typed all this from bed on my phone after waking from an almost two hr nap..... P.p.s max cant wait to meet his bff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another boy! How exciting, especially for Bears! He'll love having a buddy at home to play with all the time. I think Max will be excited to have a companion close to his age.
    Funny videos. Who would have thought Bears would mimic the throwing up?
    He needs to work on his "mad". He looks entirely too pleased with himself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Meekrob will have a BROTHER!! Awesome. I love the videos of L.D. Meekrob faux throwing up in the toilet. What a man!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I asked Nathan for a contribution to this comment and he said, "I got nothing."

    So anyway, the puking was classic, truly. Bears just wants to be like his mama. Nathan and I laughed and laughed watching it several times.

    Congrats on another boy. Pogi was very excited to hear the news.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats! Those Elkins genes sure are strong but Locke will love having a play buddy. It is really hard being pregnant and taking care of a toddler. I never knew how difficult it was until I went through it. I played lots of mario kart wii with Noah. I had an audience as well while throwing up but Noah was not as cool as Locke to mimic me :) Hope you are feeling better and Locke is getting so big. Cute videos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Laura...your blog is so well written and entertaining that you should charge visitors. I well understand "the tireds" and "the barfs" but it's part of the deal, so just please accept our well wishes. At least it's totally worth the price!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bears is so funny! I don't think I've ever heard of a kid mimicking a mom's morning sickness before. It seems he might have a promising career in acting some day. Well, if he can ever get his mad face down.

    P.S. Congrats on another little boy!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...