Tuesday, May 10, 2011

The Power of Observation...

...is sadly a power I do not possess.  Bears and I were walking back from a trek to the local fancy hippie market when suddenly I decided to cross the street.  Well, not suddenly per se, since we were at the appropriate intersection and I had been waiting a minute or two for the right time.  But for the sake of a riveting story, I'll stick with it.  There we were, rashly crossing the street...


 ...when I noticed that we also had to cross in the other direction in order to get to our destination.  After again waiting for the appropriate time, we boldly headed out.

 This is when my limited observational powers came into play.  I noticed that I couldn't continue going in a straight line because there was a car in the way.  I idly wondered what a car was doing out in the middle of the intersection but kept plowing ahead.  When I brushed past it, I noticed that it was a bit jagged and crumpled.  And also that there were a couple of other crumpled cars mashed into it.  That's when I realized that there had been some sort of accident.  The cars involved looked pretty mutilated but luckily no one seemed injured.

Now in my defense, I was wearing my new sweet action jogging shoes.  As you may have noticed, they're blindingly glorious and very distracting.

4 comments:

  1. Lol, I love the illustrations. Excellent work. Well, you probably would have noticed had the accident happened right when you were starting to cross the street. That's what counts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an outrage. I commented on this and just now notice you've deleted it. Either that or I prematurely must have navigated away before the capchia (uhh.. no idea how to spell that). The worst part is I'll never be able to recreate it. Well, it was something about laughing and about genius illustrations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. well well well. I can only conclude that you're a madman since your original comment is posted clear as day.


    Alright...I guess I'll admit that Ryan noticed that your comment disappeared as well. Not sure why it went away and then magically reappeared. Or perhaps I've just stated the reason. Magic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hadn't anticipated that I was actually a madman, I guess no one really does. It's nice of Ryan to try to make me feel more sane though, I really appreciate that.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...