Saturday, November 21, 2015

Skeletons, notes, and sort-of-snow

Bitties has been saying the cutest things lately. He's always telling me that he loves me followed by a big hug and then a kiss on the shoulder (because he only kisses fabric).
 Here's one of my favorite things he's said lately:
"Mom, I know you love me but I need to go to bed!" (he did not actually go to bed but I appreciated the sentiment)

"Mom, I like bedtime because it's so cozy" Said at lunchtime while hugging himself tightly and wiggling from side to side)

Speaking of skeletons, that boy sure is obsessed. I've made a book of skeletons for him that's full of a combination of drawings and skeletons printed from the computer for him to color. We've really managed to create some masterpieces together:


Incidentally, you may be wondering if he's suffering from sleeping problems and/or nightmares. All I can say is...not yet. I guess we'll see how this all pans out in the long run with some hindsight. And I'll have you know that the creepy tongue in the picture below was completely his idea. He coached me through the whole thing.

There was a skeleton I'd printed from the computer that looked too sad and it was upsetting him. He kept saying that we needed to make him happy so I drew a new head and glued it over the old one. Now the skeleton looks like he's nonchalantly explaining something. Cracks me up. Bitties is very pleased with the outcome.

Bears has taken to creating drawings for me, folding and taping them up, writing "TO MOM" on them, and sliding them under the door whenever I'm in the bathroom. The drawings pretty much always featured him and me hanging out but since Bitties started wondering where he was in these pictures, Bears has taken to adding him to the pictures too. In the big picture below, he tells me that I'm covering my eyes because he's made a surprise picnic for me. Pretty adorable.


A couple of times now, Bitties has wanted to bundled tightly in his blankets with his kitties "tucked safely in my tummy" he says. I think he gets it from me telling him that I want to put him back in my tummy, something that my mom always used to say to me when I was little. I guess it sounds kind of creepy now that I'm writing it out but I sure liked it as a kid and they seem to as well. Here he is fast asleep with his kitties bundled safe and sound:


Bears has been pretty into a character called the Ping Pong Bandit. It's serious business.

It...sort of snowed the other day and the kids insisted on playing in it. There wasn't enough to really do anything so they spent most of their time sneaking slush right off the grass when they thought I wasn't looking.

1 comment:

  1. Laura, you are an epic mom. That coloring book is the goods!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...