Thursday, February 19, 2015

Julep

I've been mildly obsessed with a group called Punch Brothers lately. It's rare to find artists that are incredibly talented in every single aspect required to make a song but (in my opinion) these guys have totally nailed it.

If I ever end up being able to write anything half this beautiful I...will be. good. good things are the things I will be thinking about my skills. This particular example of my writing skill has really bolstered my confidence. Here's their stuff:

I died happy in my sleep
Our children around and you looking down
from heaven's a julep on the porch
You and me rocking the grandfather clock is tick tick talking
to the time we used to wind it

She brought the sugar and the mint
And he brought the whiskey
Asked for my blessing
"Yes sir, I know she's
heaven's a julep on the porch"
You and me rocking the grandfather clock is tick tick talking
to the time we used to wind it

Now the time stands still
We can drink our fill
Out of silver
That will never
Tarnish like we will

You weren't just a girl that I should meet
You were the girl that I would meet
For drinks in the backyard
A beautiful daughter
A Lifetime of summer
And love ever after

I died happy in my sleep

Our children around and you looking down from
Heaven's a julep on the porch
You and me rocking the grandfather clock is tick tick tick tick
talking to the time we used to wind it
God the time We used to wind it...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...