Sunday, August 24, 2014

Family Visit, Fox's Bday Party, and Randoms

Ryan's brother Nathan just had his graduation ceremony at BYU and Ryan's parents, his aunt Janeen, her friend Carol, Nathan, Lauren, and Dom came down to the Provo town for varying amounts of time as a result and we all got to hang out for a few days. It was pretty fun times. For the first time since we moved in, this house didn't feel slightly/way too huge. Now that everyone's gone it feels huge all over again. And a smidge lonely. Ah well.

Locke was sad that he couldn't go back with Pops and Grandma on their plane. Also, he developed his first ever crush. It was on Janeen's neighbor, Carol. He spent much of his time trying to get her to hang out with him and read to him and even whispered in my ear that I should tell her that he thinks she's really pretty. After they left, he asked me if he could marry her when he grows up. He was not happy to learn that she's already married to someone else.

 We also had a birthday party for Fox (now that he's 2, I'm really feeling the pressure to use his actual name even though it's possible that he'll always be Biscuits in my heart at this point) while everyone was in town. I decorated a little Yo Gabba Gabba cake for him since he's been obsessed ever since finding Locke's old Yo Gabba Gabba shoes that have all the characters on them. He spends every moment that I'll allow wearing those things so it wasn't too surprising that he was pumped about the cake. Ryan's mom made everything look super fancy with party decorations, Ryan rented a big water slide and made ribs and Ryan's dad, my mom, and uncle Dewey made tasty side dishes. It was some good times.  Here's the decor:

So the other day, Fox got a very serious, concerned look (pictured above) on his face while Ryan and I were getting him ready in the morning. He looked up at Ryan and said, "I luh you, dad," and quickly looked down, clearly feeling vulnerable from the disclosure. It was pretty adorable.

Locke suckered me into letting him wake up from nap time early by parading out in this ensemble that he put together himself.

Fox pretty much always sleeps snuggled up with his kitty. My favorite is when he uses her for a pillow.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...