Saturday, May 12, 2012

New Camera and the Zoo!

 Ryan decided to give me just about the fanciest camera ever for mother's day.  It's pretty much the most exciting gift possible but I've gotta say it's a little intimidating owning something so professional when I know absolutely nothing about photography.  Bears really wanted to go to the zoo today so we took the camera along to see what she can do.  Turns out that I've got no idea how to use it yet but it was still fun and I was at least able to catch a glimpse of the awesome pictures I might take one day if I ever figure out what I'm doing.

Here he is showing his fearsome bear face while hanging out in front of the carousel.   


Gazing at the Rhinos.  I tried to get both him and the animals he was looking at but failed every time.  So I ended up with a bunch of pictures of Bears looking transfixed a bunch of mysterious animals who's identities are doomed to be lost in the sands of time.  Ah well.


Hangin' out by some antique looking bike that apparently really sets the stage for a big cat exhibit. At least that's what the zoo people must have decided since it's bolted down right in front of the tigers. 
Riding boldly on said bike.
Pointing out the frightful tigers to daddy.


Checkin' out the drains.  A very important task which he dedicates quite a bit of time to every time we take a trip out to the zoo.
Trying to make friends with some kids passing by

Conversations with Daddy

"Scared panda" face




Trying to overcome his fear of the big orange elephant who is apparently a "big fright" by touching the less frightful tiny elephants that are painted on it's side.  He's always saying, "orange elephant.  FRIGHT!!!  Gray elephant...niiiice." All the while nodding emphatically. I guess statues of animals are much scarier than the real thing.

This cub loves fire hydrants and always wants to give them hugs whenever he gets the chance.



Contemplating the plight of the bald eagle

Peeping out of his hiding spot on the playground
Riding some sort of giant caterpillar 
His favorite zoo activity of all: sliding down the "big snake"
Playing with the giant water-covered, rotating ball.  It's always a hit.


3 comments:

  1. How exciting! You should definitely take some pics when Bears and Zoey are playing. I bet if we have a pool party for them there would be some cute pictures. I think your pics look pretty good. Although, I'm not sure if you know, but I'm not a professional photographer. I'll be waiting to see how professional they're going to get in the coming months.

    My dad gets a big kick out of how you say Bears got "a fright". He's always talking about frights now when he's talking to Zoey. Speaking of humor, I particularly enjoyed your observations about the bike near the tigers in this post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute viedo of him showing all his faces :) Good luck with your camera. I've had mine for several years now and just pretend to know how to use it. I love that I don't have a delay and can capture more things. What a great gift for Mother's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's exciting about the new camera! :) I still haven't taken the time to figure out how to use our camera better than we got years ago... But it'll happen some day, I swear. :) The pictures turned out cute. I especially like the one with him looking at the rhinos.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...